Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Vanity Cards

One of my favorite television shows on tv today is The Big Bang Theory. It has what I consider to be the three ingredients to making a successful comedy, originality, is actually funny, and has a hot girl for real sex appeal. However, it wasn't until the other day when I was watching on my DVR that I realized a new factor that makes it even more interesting, the blog factor.

If you ever watch the show, I urge that you wait until the end of the show to truly enjoy all elements. After the credits are shown and right before commercials begin, you will notice a white screen that pops up with paragraph of writing with a random # at the top. This screen is only up for a couple of seconds, so unless you have super speed reading abilities or a DVR, you won't read them all, but this is what Chuck Lorre calls his Vanity Cards. Basically, as one of the creators of the series, he has decided to take excerpts from his own blog and post them after each episode. I strongly encourage checking in every so often to see what he has to offer, it is truly funny stuff.

1 comment:

mattjustmull said...

I just recently noticed them as well. Mandi doesn't find them as amusing as I do.