Tuesday, October 16, 2007

How Good is Starbucks

The highlight of the week at my place of business is the fact that we have switched out our vending machine vendors and gone with a new company. They promise to provide a higher quality product, more selection, and less prices. Well, the price of pop and food did go down by a whole 10 cents, apparently there are healthier options for snacks, but most importantly, they switched out our coffee machines and put in new ones that serve up coffee, hot chocolate(made with milk or water), cafe mocha's, latte's, etc....(decaf versions, too). Of course, while it is free coffee, why would I want something that is from a lousy vending machine when I can get starbucks coffee(I can hit them on the way to work or our cafeteria sells it, as well).

Starbucks is one of the biggest brands in coffee in the U.S., great tasting, many believe you cannot get a better cup of coffee anywhere. Well, the other day I did get a better cup of coffee than Starbucks, it came straight out of the new coffee machine that was installed. I am no coffee guru, but it tasted as good as any cafe mocha that I have received from Starbucks, so I ask everyone, how good is Starbucks, really?

No comments: