Monday, September 17, 2007

Gaming Kills!!!!!

I am not an avid internet gamer, I have played some online games like WOW and City of Heroes, but I wouldn't call myself a gamer. Well, maybe I am since I do play console games often(Madden Rules!!!!). However, I play often enough to know that anytime I hear someone say that video games are bad and can cause violence, I declare shenanigans a insist that there are other factors that are not being considered. However, after reading this article, I am convinced that video games can be DEADLY!

Apparently, this man in China dropped dead from exhaustion after spending 3 straight days playing online video games(they wouldn't divulge what game he was playing). So, maybe video games can be deadly, and I am sure advocates who fight to rid the world of games will use this to their advantage. However, I implore people to look at what really happened here. You have some idiot who decided that playing video games was more important than sleep and an internet cafe who was unwilling to tell this guy to go home and get some rest. Clearly had nothing to do with the game itself.

Look at the bright side, after he dropped dead, there were about 100 other internet users who left the cafe in fear after the death. Hopefully, the were fearing their own demise. If this man's death somehow inspires other gamers and internet junkies to take some time to rest in between these marathon battles and surfing, and saves their lives, then his death carries with it an inherent nobility that we should all be so fortunate to possess. So, while some say "poor China Man", I say poor us!

1 comment:

mattjustmull said...

It seems such warnings are only good for about 5 years...