Monday, September 17, 2007

My Lucky Day

For the past several months, I have been looking high and low to find a Guitar Hero controller for my Xbox 360. I have GH2 and love it, but with only one guitar, the experience is limited. I have searched several Best Buys, Wal-Marts, Targets, GameStops, etc. consistently over the last several month with no luck. I even tried Ebay, but with s&h, it just wasn't a good deal. Finally, I go into GameStop on Sunday as another desparation attempt, and the heavens opened up, angels sang, they had a controller.

Now, this isn't the end of my lucky day, it gets better. They actually had a used one for $30, and a new one for $60, well, I don't care if it is new, so I said give me the used one(which was even in a box). So, I paid my $30 + tax(thanks Uncle Sam) and went home to share my new found fortune with the whole family. As I opened up the box and pulled out the controller, something seemed odd, it was still all wrapped up, stickers weren't even opened, and it had a certain new car smell to it. After further investigation, I found that the cashier gave me the wrong box and handed me the new controller, rather than the old. Looks like I will need to go to church next week to show my appreciation!!!

No comments: