Wednesday, August 1, 2007

It's HOT!!!!!

So, one of the better movies to come out in the last year has to be Hot Fuzz. This is the latest installment of comedy from the same people that gave us another classic, Shaun of the Dead. Anyway, this movie came out on DVD on Tuesday, and I had to run out and buy it. It was great, I had my $20 Best Buy rewards certificate, so it would be a free movie. I came home, ate dinner with the family, and proceeded to my local Best Buy to make my purchase.

Now, I don't usually rush to buy these movies, I don't wait in line, I don't try to go over lunches, etc. I mean, what's the point, the movie will be there after work or the next day, just go when you have time. Well, that didn't really work out for me. I got to Best Buy where they had a huge display set up to hold all of the DVD's that they carry, except it was missing one little thing, the actual DVD. Yeah, apprently, they had sold out. Well, I take that back, they did have about 5 copies of the Full Screen version. Unfortunately, I don't buy full screen movies, waste of money for my widescreen tv. No worries, I figure I would just pop over to Target to get the movie, I had to run there anyway. Again, no luck, they didn't have any copies of any kind left. Alright, maybe Hastings.....Wrong again! Finally, I make my way to Wal-Mart, which I try to avoid because I hate that place, but I was desparate. All of a sudden, the Heavens open up, the light shines, and I am able to buy the 2nd to last copy of the Widescreen version.

Now, I gotta say, this is the first time I have ever gone looking for a new release movie and had such a tough time trying to find a copy. I guess the production company underestimated the movies underground popularity and the demand that would be out there, somebody needs to fire their planner!!!!!!

1 comment:

mattjustmull said...

No doubt, they should have known it was going to be a big DVD hit. Shaun of the Dead taught us that.